Programme Overview and Aims
The Master of Education (MEd) is an academic degree for education professionals who are looking for opportunities to extend their professional knowledge in education. It aims to provide students with a general understanding of education as a field of study and focused mastery of an area of specialisation, and to equip them with knowledge and skills to understand educational research. MEd graduates from the University of Hong Kong are actively involved in school administration, policy development, adult and vocational training, teacher education, curriculum development, classroom teaching, educational assessment and evaluation, and educational research both in Hong Kong and abroad.
Who should apply?
Education professionals from different backgrounds who would like to know more about education and/or develop a career in education.
The programme aims to enable students to:
- Demonstrate and communicate about up-to-date knowledge of an area of specialisation in the broader context of education
- Apply knowledge and skills to understand, critically evaluate and/or conduct educational research
- Engage in inquiry-based and evidence-informed practice in response to challenges and novel situations
- Reflect on important educational values such as social justice, equity and fairness in their own cultural and educational contexts
- Adhere to personal and professional ethics when engaging in educational practices and conducting academic research
Online Information Session
Video - Health Professions Education Specialism