The Faculty of Education aspires to lead the study and practice of education, to influence public policy and improve community life through education, and to nurture graduates who are passionately committed to their professions.
In realising our vision, we will endeavour:
- To advance scholarship and engage in research with high impact internationally, nationally and locally;
- To break new ground in curriculum and pedagogy, and to be a role model for good educational practice;
- To nurture graduates of distinction with a global outlook, who are committed to lifelong learning, ethical practice and professionalism, and capable of becoming leaders in their fields;
- To engage in productive partnerships with academic and professional communities in order to generate, integrate, exchange and apply knowledge, build capacity, and enhance educational opportunities for all;
- To serve as a focal point of intellectual and academic excellence in our fields of expertise in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Asia, and act as a gateway and forum for scholarship with the rest of the world;
- To develop and sustain a collegial, inclusive, supportive, flexible and multicultural environment that will attract and nurture students and staff of the highest calibre in a culture that inspires creativity, learning and freedom of thought, inquiry and expression.
Academy for Leadership in Teacher Education
Established in March 2019, Academy for Leadership in Teacher Education (ALiTE) in the Faculty is a new platform for cross-faculty, multi-faceted work around teacher/leader education, and a think tank for innovative research, practice and teaching – locally, regionally and internationally – broadly and inclusively defined across sectors, organisations, disciplines/specialisations, and national borders – so as to serve contemporary and evolving needs for global impact.
Visit ALiTE Website
In-service Teacher Education Programme Office
The In-service Teacher Education Programme Office (INSTEP) (在職教師發展計劃組) is responsible for coordinating and organising non-award bearing professional development programmes for teachers and administrators in Hong Kong. Apart from providing government-commissioned programmes, the Office also coordinates school-based support programmes, consultancy and research projects on topical issues commissioned by the government and different professional bodies/organisations; as well as consultancy services commissioned by local schools to help them design and organise staff development activities.
Visit INSTEP Website
Education Policy Unit
The Education Policy Unit is a key unit for research in education policy based at the Faculty. It strives for maintaining a high level of expertise in policy analysis and evaluation with cutting-edge theories and methods.
Research Centres and Consortia
The Faculty is widely acclaimed for its excellent research performance and strong research culture. There are six research centres and three consortia in the Faculty.