Dr ZHU, Kejin
Dr ZHU, Kejin
Academic Unit of Social Contexts and Policies of Education
PhD (HKU), M.S.Ed (Penn), BA (SISU)
(852) 3917 0398
Room 667, Meng Wah Complex
- Education in China
- Higher Education Policy and Practice
- International and Comparative Education
- China's Higher Education Engagement with Southeast Asia
- Comparative Intellectual Traditions
- Higher Education Policy and Practice in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area
Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
- Zhu, K.* & Yang, R. (2022). China’s emerging soft power resources in Southeast Asia: eA Case Study of Cambodian Participants from Chinese Higher Education Programs. Higher Education Policy. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41307-022-00278-w
- Ma, J., Zhu, K. *, Cao, Y., Chen, Q., & Cheng, X. (2022). An empirical study on the correlation between university discipline and industrial structure in the Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macao greater bay area. Asian Education and Development Studies, 11(1): 23-41. https://doi.org/10.1108/AEDS-09-2019-0155
- Zhu, K., Ma, J. & Cai, Y. (2021).New Exploration on the Organizational Model of Industry-education Integration Mechanism in the Context of Emerging Engineering Education.Research in Higher Education of Engineering, 2:39-46. (in Chinese)
- Zhu, K. Ma, J. & Liu, Q. (Accepted, forthcoming in 2022). The Mechanism and Efficiency of the PI-mode Research Management at Neotype Research Universities in China. Fudan Education Forum. (in Chinese)
- Ma, J. Zhu, K. *& Cai, Y. (Accepted, forthcoming in 2022). The Organizational Innovation and Challenges of University Technology Transfer System: A case of Southern University of Science and Technology.Journal of Higher Education Management. (in Chinese)
- Zhu, K. *& Yang, R. (Accepted, forthcoming in 2022). China’s engagement with Southeast Asia in higher education. In International Encyclopedia of Education (4th edition). Elsevier.
- Zhu, K., Ma, J., & Cao, Y. (Accepted, forthcoming in 2022). Higher Education and Talent Ecosystem in China’s Greater Bay Area: A Correlation Analysis. In Mok, K, H (Ed.), Higher Education, Innovation and Entrepreneurship from Comparative Perspectives. Springer.
Selected Conference Presentationa & Invited Talks
- Zhu, K. (2021). The Mechanism and Efficiency of the PI-mode Research Management at Neotype Research Universities in China. Paper presented at 2021 Annual Forum of Institutional Research Branch, CAHE
- Zhu, K. (2021).A Case Study of the PI-mode Research Management in Chinese Universities: From a Perspective of Organizational Decentralization. Paper presented at 6th JoLii 2021 Conference.
- Zhu, K. (2020). Universities as Sympoiesis in Building an Innovative Talent Ecosystem in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area. Panel organizer and presenter at CIES 2020.
- Zhu, K. (2020). China’s Emerging Resources of Soft Power in Southeast Asia: Experiences of Cambodian Students in Chinese Universities. Paper presented at ECER 2020.
- Zhu, K. (2020). First Forum on Education in China’s Greater Bay Area Series: How Can the Universities and Academic Profession Contribute? Invited Speaker at the Consortium for Higher Education Research in Asia, University of Hong Kong.
- Zhu, K. (2019). An Empirical Study on the Correlation between University Discipline and Industrial Structure in the Guangdong, Hong Kong, and Macao Greater Bay Area. Paper presented at the 2019 Peking-Lingnan-Wisconsin Education Forum.
- Zhu, K. (2018). Chinese University Model as Benchmark for Southeast Asia. Paper presented at the International Young Leading Scholar Forum at Beijing Normal University.