Dr ZENG, Lily M.
Dr ZENG, Lily M.
Programme Leader: Professional Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
Coordinator of sub-category: HKU AHE Fellowship Scheme (Senior Fellow Category D3)
Academic Unit of Social Contexts and Policies of Education
B.A. (Hubei), PhD (HKU)
(852) 3917 5194
Room CPD 1.77, Centennial Campus
- Professional development of university teachers
- Teaching and learning in higher education
- Learning experience of research students
- Adaptive learning
Prospective PhD/ EdD/ MPhil Applications
I am available to supervise PhD/EdD/MPhil students and would welcome enquiries for supervision.
- Zeng. L. M.,Fryer, L. K., Lei, C-U., Kwok, T., Lee, A., and Donn, D. (2020). HK$231,110. Enhancing learner engagement in asynchronous online learning through adaptive learning (AL). Teaching Development Grant, University of Hong Kong.
- King, R. B., Hall N. Halse, C. Zeng, L. M (2019). HK$ 693,000. The Psychological Well-being of PhD Students in Hong Kong: A Territory-Wide Study and an International Comparison. General Research Fund (18612119). University Grant Committee, Hong Kong.
- Fryer, L. K., Zeng, L. M, Aramatas, C. Luo, Y. Tang, G. Y., Zhao, M. Y. (2018). HK$ 561,460. Diversity of University Engagement across Greater China. General Research Fund (17615218). University Grant Committee, Hong Kong.
- Zeng, M., Fryer, L., Zhao, Y., Wong, A., Chiu, P., B. K. C., Tanner, J., Law, K. H. (2017). Are We Doing Enough for Students in Lecture Halls? Enhancing Student Engagement in Large Lecture Halls at HKU. HK$ 250,000. Teaching Development Grant, University of Hong Kong
- Fryer, L. K., Jeffery, S., Bovee, N., Gijbels, D., Kwok, T., Ginns, P. Oga-Baldwin, W. Zeng, M. (2017). HK$150,000. Measuring and supporting student engagement in large scale university lectures. Seed Funding for Basic Research, University of Hong Kong.
- Zeng. M. (2016). HK$150,000. Non-local early career academics’ conceptions and experience of teaching at Hong Kong universities. Seed Funding for Basic Research, University of Hong Kong.
- Zeng, L. M., Fryer, L. K., & Zhao, Y. (2021). A comparison of three major instruments used for the assessment of university student experience: Toward a comprehensive and distributed approach. Higher education Quarterly.https://doi.org/http://doi.org/10.1111/hequ.12363
- Fryer, L. K., Zeng, L. M., & Zhao, Y. (2021). Assessing University and Programme Experiences: Towards an Integrated Asia Pacific Approach. Frontiers in Education, 6(439). https://doi.org/10.3389/feduc.2021.748590
- Zeng, L. M. (2021).How much does it differ? How much does it matter? The research experience of Mainland Chinese and Hong Kong students in a Hong Kong University. Studies in Higher Education, 46(3), 606-623. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/03075079.2019.1647412
- Zeng, L. M. (2020). Peer review of teaching in higher education: A systematic review of its impact on the professional development of university teachers from the teaching expertise perspective. Educational Research Review, 31, 100333. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.edurev.2020.100333
- Zeng, L. M. (2016). Mainland Chinese students' responses to the cognitive conflicts in their adaptation to a Hong Kong university: a developmental perspective. In R. B. King & A. B. I. Bernardo (Eds.), The psychology of Asian learners: A festschrift in honor of David Watkins (pp. 421-440). Singapore: Springer.
- Chan, C. K. Y., Luk, L. Y. Y., & Zeng, M. (2014). Teachers’ perceptions of student evaluations of teaching. Educational Research & Evaluation, 20(4), 275-289. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/13803611.2014.932698
- Zeng, M., Webster, J. B., & Ginns, P. (2013). Measuring the research experience of research postgraduate students in Hong Kong. Higher Education Research and Development, 32(4), 672-686. doi: https://doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2012.754410
- Zeng, M., & Watkins, D. (2010). Adaptation of Mainland Postgraduate Students to the Hong Kong’s universities. In D. W. Chapman, W. K. Cummings & G. A. Postiglione (Eds.), Crossing borders in East Asian higher education (pp. 343-373). Netherlands: Springer.