Programme Overview and Aims
The BEd&BSc has been jointly offered by the Faculty of Education and the Faculty of Science since 2012. This five-year double degree integrates specialist studies in science and professional training in science education. Students will take science introductory and advanced courses from selected science majors from the Faculty of Science and Education Professional Core courses from the Faculty of Education. The programme offers students ample opportunities to acquire and consolidate their scientific knowledge as well as their professional knowledge for teaching through practicum experience of teaching science in authentic classrooms. The programme combines rigorous academic study with experiential learning and practical applications of knowledge in authentic settings. Graduates can become a teacher of Science subject in Hong Kong secondary schools.
- Students will develop expertise in teaching science or science-related subjects and reflect critically upon contemporary issues in both science and education.
- The programme integrates two degrees in one.
- a first degree majoring in Science
- a teacher training qualification in Science teaching
- Upon graduation, it offers qualification equivalent to a BSc plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, a professional teaching qualification recognised in Hong Kong schools. Students will pursue their interest in science from a broad range of science majors and develop personal strengths and a professional commitment to education.
- Students may also take a range of elective courses within the Faculty of Education or in other Faculties, and may combine elective courses to declare a minor.
HKU iMonth 2020 - Online Admissions Talk
Dr Jessica Leung, Programme Coordinator of BEd&BSc