- Winter, S. and Low, A. (1984). The Rossmere Peer Tutor Project Behavioural Approaches with Children, Vol.8, No.2, pp62-65.
- Winter, S. (1986). Peers as Paired Reading Tutors. British Journal of Special Education, Vol.13, No.3, 1986 pp103-106. (Externally refereed)
Reprinted in part in UNESCO (1993), Special Needs in the Classroom Unit 4.4: Peer Tutoring) Paris: UNESCO.
- Winter, S. (1987). Parents and Pupils as Remedial Tutors. Bulletin of the Hong Kong Psychological Society, No.18, pp15-32.
- Winter, S. (1988). Paired Reading: A Study of Process and Outcome Paired Reading: A Study of Process and Outcome. Educational Psychology, Vol.8, No.3, pp135-151.
- Winter, S. (1989). Paired Reading Projects in Hong Kong: Second and Chinese Language Applications. School Psychology International, Vol.10, pp25-35.
- Winter, S. (1989). Process and Outcome in Tuition for Reading Process and Outcome in Tuition for Reading: The Case of Paired Reading. Educational Research Journal, Vol.4, pp92-100.
- Winter, S. (1990). Paired Reading: Two Questions Educational Psychology in Practice, Vol.6, No.2, pp96-99.
- Winter, S. (1991). What Really Happens During a Paired Reading Project? British Journal of Special Education, Vol.18, No.1, pp20-24.
- Winter S. (1996). Peer Tutored Instruction in Reading. Mentoring and Tutoring, 3, 3, pp3-11.
- Winter S. (1996). Paired Reading: Three Questions. Educational Psychology in Practice, 12, 3, pp182-189.
- Winter, S. (1990). Process and Outcome in Tuition for Reading: The Case of Paired Reading. Chapter 15 in Explorations in Peer Tutoring, Eds. S.Goodlad and B.Hirst, London: Blackwell, pp217-226.
- Winter, S. (1990). Why Does Peer Tutoring Work? Human and Organisational Factors. Chapter 23 in Making Learning Systems Work: Aspects of Educational Technology, Volume 23. Eds. Farmer,B., Eastcott,D. and Lantz,B.. London: Kogan Page, pp132-136.
Conference and Working Papers
- Winter, S. (1995). Peer Tutoring: Identifying and Explaining Outcomes. Proceedings of the 9th Annual Conference of the Singapore Educational Research Association, Singapore, November, 1995.
- Winter, S. (1996). Peer-Tutored Instruction in Reading: what are the outcomes and how are they determined? Australian Journal of Psychology, 48 (Supplement), pp28-29.
- Winter, S. (1997). Peer Power in Literacy Instruction. p.388 of `Re-Engineering Education for Change: Educational Innovation for Development’, Proceedings of the Second UNESCO-ACEID International Conference in Bangkok. Bangkok: UNESCO.
| Gender Identity Development and Transgender | Reading Instruction | General Instruction |
| Higher and Further Education Matters | Learning and Behaviour Difficulties (Single Case Studies) |
| Learning and Behaviour Difficulties (Other Work) | Ethical and Mehtodolgical Matters |
| Social Psychology of Education | Other Areas of Work |