Dr. Siu, Felix L.C.
Personal ParticularsB.Ed. (Bristol)
Postgraduate Diploma (Melbourne)
Division of Information and Technology Studies
Tel: (852) 28578548
Room 111C Runme Shaw Building, The University of Hong Kong
Dr Siu has a solid background in Computing and Science Education with many years teaching experience in primary, secondary and tertiary education. He is Teaching Consultant in the Division of Information and Technology Studies, Faculty of Education at The University of Hong Kong. His research interests and experiences are diverse, covering areas such as multimedia in education, information literacy, information management, information and communication technology in education, and science teacher education. He has published, as author or co-author, many academic papers on the use of ICT in education.
- Information Technology in Education, Library Information Management.
- B. Ed. in Information Technology in Education
- B. Ed. in Library Information Science
- B. Ed. Language Education – IT in Language Teaching
- B. Sc. Information Management
- PGDE – Educational Studies, General Studies
- M. Sc. In Information Technology in Education
- M. Sc. In Library Information Management
- Technology planning and implementation into schools
- Teacher education with the use of ICT
- Flexible learning and the use of online technology
- Designing shared virtual learning environments
- Cognitive and social development of young children using computers
- Inquiry project based learning with Web 2.0
- QEF research Co-Investigator "Inquiry project based learning with Web2.0" April 2008 to 2012.
As part of the Co-Investigator in the QEF project, each of the Co-Investigator need to assist in the main project research and also need to create a research in the field of his/her expertise. I am now the Principal Investigator of the proposed project "Using online self reflection to enhance the development of personal and social values and attitudes in PBL"
- Secretary, Hong Kong Association for Educational Communication and Technology. 2004-2006.
- Reviewer, Asia-pacific Forum on Science Learning and Teaching. 2006-2009.
- Reviewer, international Journal of Internet and Enterprise Management. 2007-2008
- Author, Rresch.ilongman.com newsletter/26/Potentials and Challenges of Information Technology in Education
- Certicate of Merit. IT in Education Awards Contest Academic Council for IT in Education (ACITE), University of Hong Kong, 2001
- Faculty Review Committee member, 2005-2009
- Working Party member. PGDE General Studies working party. Faculty of Education.
- BEd committee member 2005-2008
- MITE committee member 2009
Publications and Presentations
- Liang M., Chu S.K.W. Siu F.L.C. and Zhou A.
Comparing user experiences in using TWiki & MediaWiki to facilitate collaborative learning, The International Conference on Knowledge Management (6th ICKM 2009, Dec 3-4, 2009, HK), 2009, 16
- Siu F.L.C.
Design and development of Interactive Multimedia for Children with phonological impairments, International Conference on ICT in Teaching and Learning 2006
- Siu F.L.C.
Interactive Multimedia in Phonological Therapy, 2004 Child Phonology Conference, May 14-15, 2004
- Siu F.L.C., Yeung A.S.W. and Yuen H.K.
Towards a model for Professional Development of Information Technology in Education for Science Teachers in Hong Kong, Conference on Research and Practices in Science Education (CRPSE 2005)
- Siu F.L.C.
Design and development of Interactive Multimedia for Children with phonological impairments, International Conference on ICT in Teaching and Learning 2006.
- Yuen H.K., Siu F.L.C. and Yeung A.S.W.
Development of ICT Standards and Performance Indicators for Science Teachers in Hong Kong, Conference on Research and Practices in Science Education (CRPSE 2005), 2005
- Zhou S.H.Z. Siu F.L.C. and Wang M.
The effects of the social tie content on knowledge transfer, with interpersonal trust as the mediator, Journal of Knowledge Management; Kempston 2009; Vol.13, Iss. 5.