The Faculty of Education has a unique heritage and context. It is an integral part of a comprehensive, research-intensive, international, English-medium university in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of China. At the same time, the Faculty is a regionally and globally engaged educational hub.
The Faculty of Education aspires to lead the study and practice of education, to influence public policy and improve community life through education, and to nurture graduates who are passionately committed to their professions.
In realizing our vision, we will endeavour:
- To advance scholarship and engage in research with high impact internationally, nationally and locally;
- To break new ground in curriculum and pedagogy, and to be a role model for good educational practice;
- To nurture graduates of distinction with a global outlook, who are committed to lifelong learning, ethical practice and professionalism, and capable of becoming leaders in their fields;
- To engage in productive partnerships with academic and professional communities in order to generate, integrate, exchange and apply knowledge, build capacity, and enhance educational opportunities for all;
- To serve as a focal point of intellectual and academic excellence in our fields of expertise in Hong Kong, China and Asia, and act as a gateway and forum for scholarship with the rest of the world;
- To develop and sustain a collegial, inclusive, supportive, flexible and multicultural environment that will attract and nurture students and staff of the highest calibre in a culture that inspires creativity, learning and freedom of thought, inquiry and expression.
As we fulfil our mission, our policies and practices will be characterized by their interconnectedness, and underpinned by the following core commitments:
- Academic freedom